I’ve been to Disneyland (twice) and Disney World (once) with my eldest. I’m planning another trip in 2015 to take the younger two, and the anticipation of how I’ll surprise them and what we’ll do while there is nearly as much fun as the trip itself.
Knowing I’m generally good with money, I’m often asked for advice on how to enjoy DisneyLand or Disney World without remortgaging their home. I’ve rounded up the numerous articles I’ve written on the topic for your reading pleasure!
Disneyland at a discount
Should you go to Disneyland or Disney World?
Tips for a thrifty vacation in wonderful world of Disney
Enjoying the extras at Disney World
Tips for a Frugal Disneyland or Disney World Vacation
Here are my top five tips to make your Disney vacation enjoyable and thrifty:
1. Check your points programs for free or discounted rooms, flights or park passes.
2. Plan to buy groceries and bring your own food on park, but splurge on at least one character meal – if you have little girls, lunch in Ariel’s Grotto is a must.
3. Book a makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or the Pirate’s League. Bring your own costume and the basic package will suffice. It was our favourite activity of the whole trip.
4. Stay on site or as close to the park as you can, and give yourself at least four days in Disneyland and at least seven for Disney World. It’s more enjoyable and relaxed if you feel like you can head back to the room easily for naps or quiet time (for you or the kids, no judging here).
5. Check used good sites for fun Disney wear for the kids, and be sure to bring a notebook and Sharpie for character autographs.